Tuesday, May 25, 2010

In Search Of Answers


On October 11, 1964 my mom's little brother, Reed Jeppson, went out to feed his 2 dogs and was never seen again. He was only 15 years old. For the Jeppson family the past 45 1/2 years have been difficult because they have no idea what happened to Reed. Today is National Missing Persons Day and the police have reopened Reed Jeppsons case and taken DNA samples from immediate siblings. These DNA samples are being entered into two different missing persons databases to identify any potential remains. This enhanced image of Reed was created through various family photos, including his own and immediate relatives. The results of such age progression enhancement has been between 90%-95% accurate in other cases. Our family does not think Reed is alive...they want answers and to have his remains found to help give them closure. Click the following for the story. KSL, CONNECT 2 UTAH, SALT LAKE TRIBUNE, DESERET NEWS, ABC NEWS, CNN- ANDERSON COOPER, SLCPD on YouTube, SLCPD, USA TODAY, 5/28/10 DESERET NEWS

5 comments:

  1. Rachel, how horrible! I am so sorry that your family has had too go thru this and the not knowing would be so terrible. I too hope that your family will be able too find answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Rachel! I'm following your blog now. Hope you don't mind! Such a darling family.

    I've been in touch with Suzanne, Becky, and Wade (sr. class officers) and they are starting to plan the 20 yr reunion for next year. That will be a lot of fun. Let me know if you'd like to be involved.

    I'm so sorry about your uncle! I've added you to my prayers. Your mom is still so cute. Hasn't aged at all.

    ~Shannon Quinn (Jensen)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is just awesome! I hope something can come of the great technology we have nowadays. And yes I agree life can be so crazy at times! So don't fret about your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! What a story! I can totally understand wanting closure on that. So sad. I am sorry I didn't check your blog sooner.

    Hope all is well with you guys. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, my prayers are definitely with your family in hopes of finding closure and what happened to your mom's little brother. What a sad thing to have happened in your family's lives, and you will definitely be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete