Sunday, April 5, 2009

Congratulations Dad

I am so excited for my dad's new church calling. Saturday afternoon's session of conference his family and the rest of the world found out that the Lord has called Warren G. Tate as a new Area Seventy in the Fifth Quorum for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. What an amazing and humbling opportunity for him and my mom. We are so grateful and lucky that we get to keep him here in the Salt Lake Valley. My Dad always strives to live a life that our Father in Heaven would be proud of. He is a great example of service, humility, loyalty, hard work, dedication, love, honesty, and faith. My mom, Suzanne, is an amazing wife and mother. She has always loved, encouraged and supported my dad and her children in all they do. I know that Heavenly Father has put a great trust and responsibility on my fathers shoulders, but who the Lord calls he qualifies. I look over the years and can see how he has been prepared for this calling. I have a great love and respect for you Mom and Dad and hope that I can raise my children to be like you. Thank you for loving the Lord and the Gospel! You are setting an amazing example for all around you! I love you Mom and Dad!

6 comments:

  1. We all gave a big (slightly irreverent) cheer at the Mayfield house when your Dad's name was announced at conference. He really is one of the good guys and was such a good example to us. Please give him and your Mom our best. We're not at all surprised by this call.

    Mike and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I saw your message on FB and I thought it was bad news. How shocked I am to discover the wonderful news. How amazing for him and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brownings, that is so great about your Dad. I am sure he is an amazing man judging from your family. We miss you already and hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so wonderful for your dad and your family! It's quite obvious why he was called to such a high position! You really have amazing parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a lot of fun to hear Uncle Warren being called during conference. It brings back memories of looking for Aunt Suzanne while she was in the choir.

    It was great to hear for your Dad.

    Take care
    NC Tates -

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Rachel! Congratulations to your family! I didn't realize until I'd read your blog (not on FB right now). That's very, very cool.

    ReplyDelete